In the last few weeks, we’ve announced the details for the Spring Split in the SMITE Pro League, and revealed the SMITE Minor League for Season 5. All you console fans have been waiting patiently for word on your league, and today we are thrilled to announce the SMITE Console Series for Season 5!
The SMITE Console Series is open to all Xbox players from North America and Europe, and teams will be able to compete weekly for a chance at prizing.
Starting in early March, teams will compete in a series of 12 monthly tournaments. The top 8 teams from the first three weeks of competition will earn prizing in the final week of each phase.
At the end of every split, the top teams will also face off at a live event held at Hi-Rez Studios for additional prizing.
SMITE Console Series Details
The SMITE Console Series will be broken up into phases that last for four weeks per phase. Here’s a week-by-week breakdown of how each phase will work:
Week 1: Single Elimination Open Bracket
The top four teams from this weekly bracket will advance to the monthly finals.
- Seeds 1, 2, 3, & 4 qualify in this week
- Bronze match in Week 1 will determine seeding
Weeks 2 & 3: Single Elimination Open Bracket
The top two teams from each week’s open bracket will advance to the monthly finals.
- Week 2: Seeds 5 & 6 qualify
- Week 3: Seeds 7 & 8 qualify
Week 4: Single Elimination Monthly Finals
In the final week of each phase, the top 8 teams who qualified via the open brackets in weeks prior will face off in a single-elimination finals round with the opportunity to win prizing.
Tournament Format & Seeding
For all regular weeks of the SMITE Console Series, including the monthly finals, players will be competing in the following format:
- All rounds leading up to semifinals are best-of-one
- Semifinals and finals are best-of-three
- Bronze match is best-of-one
The monthly finals for each phase of the SMITE Console Series will feature a $6,000 prize pool for both NA and EU teams. Teams who qualify for the phase finals tournament will have the opportunity to win a share of this prizing as follows:
- 1st Place: $2,000
- 2nd Place: $1,500
- 3rd Place: $800
- 4th Place: $500
- 5th-8th Place: $300
We’ll be broadcasting the SMITE Console Series one day a week on HiRezTV at the following time:
- Monday (1:00 PM ET)
Play Schedule & Phases
Each region in the SMITE Console League will follow a different play schedule for their weekly tournaments:
- Europe (Xbox): Saturdays at 11:00 AM ET
- North America (Xbox): Sundays at 11:00 AM ET
Here’s a breakdown of when each phase begins and the dates for each weekly tournament.
- Phase 1 (March 3 – March 25)
- March 3 – 4: Open bracket qualifies four teams
- March 10 – 11: Open bracket qualifies two teams
- March 17 – 18: Open bracket qualifies two teams
- March 24 – 25: Phase 1 Finals
- Phase 2 (March 31 – April 22)
- March 31 – April 1: Open bracket qualifies four teams
- April 7 – 8: Open bracket qualifies two teams
- April 14 – 15: Open bracket qualifies two teams
- April 21 – 22: Phase 2 Finals
- Phase 3 (May 12 – June 3)
- May 12 – 13: Open bracket qualifies four teams
- May 19 – 20: Open bracket qualifies two teams
- May 26 – 27: Open bracket qualifies two teams
- June 2 – 3: Phase 3 Finals
- Phase 4 (June 9 – July 1)
- June 9 – 10: Open bracket qualifies four teams
- June 16 – 17: Open bracket qualifies two teams
- June 23 – 24: Open bracket qualifies two teams
- June 30 – July 1: Phase 4 Finals
- Phase 5 (July 28 – April 22)
- July 28 – 29: Open bracket qualifies four teams
- August 7 – 8: Open bracket qualifies two teams
- August 14 – 15: Open bracket qualifies two teams
- August 21 – 22: Phase 5 Finals
- Phase 6 (September 1 – September 23)
- September 1 – 2: Open bracket qualifies four teams
- September 8 – 9: Open bracket qualifies two teams
- September 15 – 16: Open bracket qualifies two teams
- September 22 – 23: Phase 6 Finals
- Phase 7 (October 6 – October 28)
- October 6 – 7: Open bracket qualifies four teams
- October 13 – 14: Open bracket qualifies two teams
- October 20 – 21: Open bracket qualifies two teams
- October 27 – 28: Phase 7 Finals
Every split, the top teams will be invited to face off at a LAN held at Hi-Rez Studios, where they’ll have the opportunity to compete for additional prizing. Only the following three of the 7 phases will be qualifying phases:
- Phase 2
- Phase 4
- Phase 7
Phase 2 will qualify teams for the Spring LAN, held from May 19 to May 20. The top two NA and EU SMITE Console Series teams will face off for a $50,000 prize pool.
Phase 4 will qualify teams for the Summer LAN, held from July 21 to July 22. This event will also feature the top two NA and EU console teams, and they’ll battle it out for another $50,000 prize pool.
Phase 7 will qualify teams for the Fall LAN. We’ll be announcing more details about this event later in the year.
That’s all we have for now on the SMITE Console series! Be sure to follow us on Twitter @SmitePro for more Console Series news and updates as we get closer to the new season!