- Players Involved: IamFreelo, lanator1999, Gunlist, & SupremeHelp
- Team Involved: Five Deadly Syndromes
- Region: North America
- Subject: SMITE PS4 Open Bracket Qualifiers — Account sharing and bracket manipulation
- Date of Ruling: 7/25/2018
Information: After receiving reports of possible account sharing, Hi-Rez Studios recently reviewed four player accounts (IamFreelo, lanator1999, Gunlist, and SupremeHelp) to investigate the allegations. These players were shown to be logging into each other’s accounts in order to manipulate the open bracket and change the outcomes of their matches in the PS4 Qualifiers for the SMITE Console League.
Furthermore, there was additional evidence on the players’ social media accounts that corroborated what we found in our own investigation. Several members of the community were openly posting proof that these players were indeed sharing accounts.
Ruling: Hi-Rez Studios and the Skillshot League Operations staff has concluded that these four players are guilty of account sharing for the purposes of manipulating the bracket, and in doing so have affected the competitive integrity of the PS4 League and violated the rules set forth for the SMITE PS4 Qualifiers.
Because these players violated the rules and the Code of Conduct in the SMITE Terms of Service, we will be taking punitive action as follows:
- All players involved will be banned from competitive play for the remainder of the season.
- The team they played for, The Five Deadly Syndromes, will be disqualified from the SMITE PS4 League.
- The team seeded just below them — Team Xist — will take their place in the League.
(vi.) “You will not share Game accounts or use multiple accounts in the League.”