We’ve had a few months of solid international competition in SMITE, but we realize there’s still a desire for a more formalized system when it comes to our international competitions. With that said, we’re happy to announce league formats will be returning for the Summer of 2018!
New SMITE Global Series
Going forward, ESL will continue handling all international operations for Brazil, Latin America (both North and South), Southeast Asia, and Oceania. ESL is a leader in the gaming industry for esports events and we’re excited for their continued partnership on the SMITE Global Series.
- Four Teams
- Double Round Robin
- Six weeks in the Summer and Fall.
- Best of three matches.
April 28th – April 29th
- Week 1 – SMITE Global Series League Qualifiers.
- 1 week of open bracket tournament where the top 8 teams will advance to Week 2.
May 5th – May 6th
- Week 2 – SMITE Global Series League Qualifiers.
- 1 week where the top 8 teams are split into two groups of four in a round robin. The top 2 teams from each group advance to the Summer League.
- Group A: Seeds 1, 4, 5 & 8.
- Group B: Seeds 2, 3, 6 & 7.
May 26th – July 1st
- SMITE Global Series Leagues begin.
- Tuesday | Brazil @ 11:00am EDT.
- Wednesday | Southeast Asia @ 11:00am EDT
- Thursday | Oceania @ 11:00am EDT.
- Friday | Latin America @ 11:00am EDT.
All regions per split:
- 1st Place – $10,000.00
- 2nd Place – $6,000.00
- 3rd Place – $3,000.00
- 4th Place – $1,000.00
This prizing breakdown will be consistent all season long.
The top team from the Summer Split across all international competitions will be invited to the Summer Split Finals at Hi-Rez Studios in Atlanta, Georgia.
Be sure to follow @SmitePro for more updates on the SMITE Global Series throughout Season 5!