Although we haven’t quite wrapped up our Summer phase just yet, the Fall Split of the SMITE Console League is on the horizon. So we want to make sure you’re prepared for it! This post will cover all the details you need to know for the SCL Fall Split — including qualifier dates for Xbox teams, format and broadcast schedules for the online phase of the split on Xbox/PS4, and information on qualification for the SMITE Console World Championships at DreamHack Atlanta!
SMITE Console League Qualifiers & Relegations
Dates: August 4 – August 12
While our PS4 teams are currently undergoing relegations for the SCL Fall Split, our Xbox teams have yet to complete theirs. So the Fall Split qualification period for Xbox teams will take place right after the SMITE Summer Finals LAN event, and will run from August 4 until August 12.
Here’s a quick rundown of what this two-week relegation cycle will look like:
Week 1 — Open Bracket
- Open-bracket Xbox tournaments for EU and NA
- Single-elimination format
- Top 2 teams qualify for Week 2 of relegations
- Sign-ups open one hour before tournament begins
- Europe: Saturday @ 11:00 AM ET (3:00 PM UTC)
- North America: Sunday @ 11:00 AM ET (8:00 AM PT)
Week 2 — Final Relegations
- Top two Xbox teams from open bracket vs bottom two Xbox teams from SCL Summer Split
- Round robin bracket with best-of-one (Bo1) matches
- Top 2 teams in each region qualify for the SMITE Console League on Xbox
SMITE Console League Fall Split Format & Schedule
Dates: August 27 – October 1
After we have relegated all teams for both Xbox and PS4, the Fall Split of the SMITE Console League will begin! From August 27 until October 1, the top teams in each region will compete against each other for 6 weeks on their respective platforms. The format for the online phase of this split is as follows:
- 6 weeks
- Double round robin format
- Best-of-three (Bo3) matches
We will be broadcasting a total of 4 SCL matches on Monday each week. Here’s a breakdown of the stream schedule and the order in which regions/platforms will be shown:
- Mondays @ 11:00 AM ET (3:00 PM UTC)
- Match 1: EU Xbox (One Bo3)
- Match 2: NA Xbox (One Bo3)
- Match 3: EU PS4 (One Bo3)
- Match 4: NA PS4 (One Bo3)
All SCL matches will be broadcast on our official SmiteGame Mixer channel on the day and time listed above.
SMITE Console World Championship Qualification
Like the PC SMITE World Championships, the SMITE Console World Championships will be held at DreamHack Atlanta on November 10 – 11. Two teams from each platform and each region will qualify for this event — meaning a total of four Xbox teams and four PS4 teams will earn a spot.
Here’s the rundown on how teams will qualify based on their placement at the close of the Fall Split:
- First place Xbox teams in EU and NA get a BYE to DreamHack ATL semifinals
- Second place Xbox teams in EU and NA will qualify for the Placement Round
- Top two PS4 teams (one EU, one NA) will qualify for the Placement Round
The placement round and all subsequent rounds of the SMITE Console World Championship will be both cross-region and cross-platform brackets. More details about the SCL World Championship will be released later in the Split!
That’s a wrap on all the details we have right now on SCL Xbox relegations, format and schedule for the Fall Split, and qualifications for the SMITE Console World Championship at DreamHack Atlanta. As always, stay tuned to the @SmitePro Twitter page for instant updates as we release more information and kick off the Fall Split of the SMITE Console League on Xbox and PS4!