If you’re a fan of our SMITE esports broadcasts, we have some exciting news for you. Account linking is coming to Mixer today!
By linking your Mixer and Hi-Rez accounts, you can earn in-stream rewards automatically while you watch our esports broadcasts for the SPL and SCL. This blog will cover everything you need to know about to link your accounts and earn in-stream rewards.
Account Linking Instructions
- Step 1: Visit the Mixer account linking web page to link your Mixer and Hi-Rez account.
- Step 2: Log into the Hi-Rez account you want to receive rewards for, then log into the Mixer account you usually use to watch our broadcasts.
- Step 3: Once both accounts are logged in, click the “Link Accounts” button at the bottom of the page. Linking your account will grant you the Pro League Bellona skin if you don’t already own it.
- *NOTE: If you play SMITE on Xbox or PS4, you MUST make sure you already have your console SMITE account linked to your Hi-Rez account in order to ensure that you get this reward on your preferred console account. To make sure your Hi-Rez and console accounts are properly linked, click here for Xbox or click here for PS4.
- Step 4: Tune in and earn rewards! By watching any SCL or SPL broadcast, you’ll have a chance to earn exclusive rewards. You can catch these broadcasts at the following times:
- Mondays @ 11 AM ET: SCL Xbox
- Mondays @ 3 PM ET: SCL PS4
- Tuesdays @ 1 PM ET: SPL EU
- Wednesdays @ 1 PM ET: SPL NA
- Thursdays @ 3 PM ET: SPL EU
- Fridays @ 3 PM ET: SPL NA
Account Linking FAQ
We know you’ll have some questions about how Mixer account linking works, and we have answers! Here are some common queries about this new feature and all the info you need to know.
Are rewards redeemable for all platforms?
- Yes! Just like the current system, our in-stream rewards are compatible with PC, Xbox, and PS4 accounts.
- REMEMBER: If you’re an Xbox or PS4 player, you’ll want to make sure that your Hi-Rez account and your SMITE console accounts are properly linked so that you’ll get your rewards on your preferred console. Check here (https://www.hirezstudios.com/link/xbox/) to make sure your Xbox account is linked, or here (https://www.hirezstudios.com/link/playstation/) to make sure your PS4 account is linked.
Do rewards work for viewers watching on mobile and on console?
- Yes! If you are watching our SCL and SPL streams from a console or mobile device, you’re still eligible to receive in-stream rewards from those broadcasts as long as you are signed in to the Mixer account you’ve linked.
Am I guaranteed to get Pro League Bellona for linking my Hi-Rez and Mixer accounts?
- Yes! If you follow the instructions above and successfully link your account, you will receive the Pro League Bellona skin if you do not own it already.
When will in-stream rewards begin automatically redeeming for my SMITE account?
- Now that account linking has launched, we will continue to use the current manual reward system for a few weeks while we ensure that our users get their accounts linked up. Then we will slowly phase out the manual system as we transition fully into the automatic system. Stay tuned to our social channels for more updates on this process!
How do I know if I’ve gotten a reward?
- If you receive a reward during an SPL or SCL stream, our chat bot will whisper you on Mixer to notify you of the reward. Next time you log into SMITE, your reward will be waiting for you!
Can I get a reward if I’ve been banned in chat?
- No — if you are banned from chatting on the SmiteGame Mixer channel, you will not be eligible to receive in-stream rewards from any of our broadcasts.