Visit smitegame

Hello SMITE fans —

As many of you already know, we recently made the decision to cancel the Phase 1 Circuit Playoffs for our semi-pro leagues due to concerns regarding the health risks of the COVID-19 outbreak.

After much internal deliberation, we have determined that we must also delay the start of the SMITE Pro League by at least three weeks.

Our SPL participants hail from all over the world, and many of them have travelled internationally in preparation for the start of the season. While we don’t currently have any reason to believe that players may be infected, we cannot ignore how quickly this coronavirus is spreading and the impact that new cases in Atlanta are already having on the local area. The health of both our players and staff are our utmost priority, and we feel this is the necessary course of action for everyone’s safety.

At this time, we are not cancelling our SPL season kickoff. Our schedule has enough flexibility to accommodate these delays. As such, we will delay the season kickoff for SPL by at least 3 weeks. We will also halt all media/content days for our remaining teams for this time. Then we will reevaluate the ongoing situation and determine whether or not we can safely resume our pro league.

In the meantime, we will do our best to continue bringing you SMITE esports content. Our online leagues (SOC and SCC) will operate as scheduled for now, and will be aired on Fridays/Saturdays/Sundays as originally planned. Over the next few days, we’ll be exploring options for alternative content that still involves your favorite Pro League players. Keep an eye on our official social channels for updates.

We understand that this decision is disappointing for our players and fans, but we appreciate your support as we navigate the COVID-19 outbreak. For more updates as this situation unfolds, follow us on Twitter @SmitePro or @HiRezStudios.